Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Do I Believe in Past Lives?

To my limited human mind - YES! I've had experiences of past lives through dreams, deja vu, flashbacks, whatever else you call it, however else they happen, I believe.

Beyond my human mind, however, where time is timeless, subsequently, not defined as a continuum of anything from past to present to future, then past lives don't exist. Everything is happening all at the same time. Chaotic, huh! Or is it, really??

I was young when I got into Edgar Cayce. Before that I was into crossword puzzles till one day, my brother scolded me, "Instead of crossword puzzles, why not read books? Then you can use those words in a sentence. Otherwise, they're just words!"

He was right. I realized that later. Young and the youngest and stubborn, I finally obeyed him. (God, I couldn't even write the word "obeyed". Boy, was I really stubborn!) But I was never into novels, romance, fiction. I was always interested in the mind. I was fascinated by it, so the first book I ever bought out of my weekly allowance, therefore, I owned and was very proud of it, was entitled, THE POWER OF THE MIND. I loved it! And seeing it, my brother, one day, gave me a book on Edgar Cayce. That opened the world of THE MIND for me!

One of the things I remember profoundly about Cayce was when he was asked about his concept on TIME. He said, "As far as I know, Sigmund Freud is still in Medical School." - Unbelievable!

One of the best explanations I heard about past lives is this -
Imagine the radio is on and the radio dial, say, in the middle, is the present. That's what we're hearing right now. That's where we're on at present. Say, all stations to the left of the dial represent the past, and to the right, the future, so we have past-present-future. Now move the dial to the left to any station, those are your past lives, move it to the right, and that's your future. But remember, the radio dial represents the present, so wherever it goes, it is, at the moment, the present. So, if the dial is farther away from the middle, say, to the left, the present has moved to the past. At the same time, the past now becomes the present, and anything to the right of it extends to the future and vice versa, which means, the past and the future overlap, in fact, they all overlap! Also, just because the dial is presently on a particular station, and that's the only one we hear, it doesn't mean that the other stations are not playing. We just happen not to be on those frequencies. But they're all playing at the same time, they're all happening at the same time!

I think we are where we are, past-present-future, depending on our consciousness. But to a timeless existence, it's all NOW.

Still chaotic??


Do YOU believe in past lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment