Saturday, September 19, 2009

40th Death Anniversary

On Sep 18, 2009, at 9:05 AM, Cesar Ejerta wrote:




Hi, Inday, & Nonoy,
Today (18th) marks Mama's (Caring) 40th anniversary and thought of writing you guys about it.
When Mama came back from the States in September'68 wth Lola Ceria ( both Bless their Souls), I remember how I feel about it and how more loving she was with us, experiencing the good life in the States, attending the wedding of Tita Helen and (the late) Tito Carding and how wonderful to meet relatives and friends living here in the US. But one memorable thought that was planted in my brain then that Mama shared with me and still with my habits after 40 long years was something passed on from a priest, a chaplain in the Lourdes Hospital, and goes something like these... "everytime you see (meet) people in the streets, and everywhere, specially the handicapped, the sick, the poor, and the elderly... whisper in prayer... Bless this person with what he needs most... Bless him in his difficulty,... Bless him with better opportunity,... and Bless his soul." And you will be Blessed as well in return.
Lola Ceria is marking her 18th death anniversary tomorrow (19th) and allow me to remember her as well and one of her words of wisdom,
"Pray for good and better opportunities" not money or material things, as they will come by with you later...
I thank them for these words of wisdom today and God Bless you all.
Much Love,
Bambi


This is a beautiful letter by my cousin, Bambi, to his younger sister, Inday, and brother, Nonoy, on the 40th anniversary of their Mom's death. With his permission, I'm posting it here in her memory. I had just written a post, On Their Anniversaries...

No comments:

Post a Comment