Friday, September 11, 2009

On a Personal Note...

Dulce, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, today, September 11! You know that in our hearts, your family's, your friends', your classmates', 9/11 is your birthday. Celebrate! Have fun! Enjoy!

Agnes, I remember your personal grief with the loss of your loving mother on 9/11/01. Mamang, she was fondly called, her name was also Dulce.

So strange that my cd, Socorro, reflecting "on life and death, on birth and dying, joy and pain, on what is and what is not, on everything and nothing...", also reflected on 2 very special people with the same name, Dulce, one, younger, the other, older, one celebrating her birthday, and the other, passing on, on the same day, 9/11. I didn't realize its significance till I was writing down my liner notes on my album. Strange as it may seem, it's sacred, it's beautiful.

My composition, DAY OF REMEMBRANCE, remembers both Dulces.

I love you both. I love you, too, Agnes.

No comments:

Post a Comment