Saturday, April 21, 2012

Precious Moments With My Mom

Hugging her, sleeping with her, and she covers me with blanket from my toes up to my ears and neck, making sure no draft of air penetrates inside so I'm warm and comfortable. (I do the same thing for her.)
Giving her a massage, combing and brushing her hair after bath, walking with her at the front yard for her morning excercise... Eating with her, drinking Coke with her, her favorite drink ("Cheers!")... Chatting with her, joking, laughing! 
Playing Besame Mucho/Quizas, Quizas, Quizas, on the piano for her and singing them with her. (She played and sang "do re mi fa sol la ti do" for me in perfect pitch!) 
Looking at family photo albums and sharing memories together, and more memories and more memories and more...

On my last day at home, I knew, the minute she looked at me and kept looking at me wherever I was going around the house without saying a word, that she knew I was leaving that day. That look in her eyes... on her face - it was UNBEARABLE! 

My mother has dementia. And like the past years, all I can do for now is to call her overseas as often as I can just to hear her voice over and over, and for her to keep remembering me...  until my next trip home again.

I miss my Mom! I love her soooooo soooooo much.....

No comments:

Post a Comment