Saturday, January 14, 2012

Yagya

I can't explain in plain English what a yagya is. A ritual, an offering, a prayer derived from the Vedas is called a yagya. Derived from the Vedic Sanskrit which constitutes the oldest scriptures of Hinduism, it is religious in practice. A scientific point of view comes from Maharishi Yagya. I like it 'cause I always want an explanation. It just satisfies my curiosities. Somehow I compare the Vedas to the New Testaments. The Vedas is not religious, but from it, formed the basis for Hinduism. Jesus didn't found Christianity, but from his teachings came about the religion.

There are many kinds of yagyas and I believe one of the first I had done was called Surya Yagya, a personal special 2012 New Year gift to myself, a beautiful wonderful experience!

Way to start the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment