Sunday, April 17, 2011

I Knew I was Back Home in SF When-

  • Coming home from the airport, I saw no more jeepneys, buses, motorcycles, tricycles and whatever other vehicles driving recklessly with no signals when changing lanes, no car horns tooting, no road rage, etc., etc., etc.!
  • There were no more pedestrians crossing the streets every which way!
  • I saw my name badge to work hanging on the hallway door knowing vacation's over
  • I had no more rice for breakfast, lunch, dinner, including meriendas, and now, it's cereal or oatmeal for breakfast
  • I saw my packet of cocoa tablets the cook gave me so I could do my own hot chocolate and/or champorado
Endringggg!! Where's my champorado??
  • Before coming out of the house, I was instinctively looking for my boots!
  • My luggage was unpacked halfway; correction, not even a third done - oops!
  • I saw the computers and knew I could blog again! - Here I am!
  • Above all, I knew I could not hug my Mother again, nor sleep with her, nor cover her with blanket to make sure she was always warm, nor brush her hair, nor give her a massage, nor eat with her, drink coca-cola with her, (her favorite so sometimes I join her with "Cheers!"), chat with her, joke with her, play the piano for her and so on and so on, and realized that all I could do for now is to call her overseas every so often just to hear her voice again until my next trip home... I miss my Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment