Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Cool wind on my face
Fresh air I breathe
The smell of sea air
The sounds of the bay
I walk across the Marina green
While children play La Crosse
Sitting on "our bench", Norman & I claim it
As if Nature had always reserved it for us
I watch people walking, talking
Walking their dogs
Joggers, bikers, birdwatchers
Tourists, photographers...
Seagulls on the edge of the sea wall
Pigeons waiting for bread crumbs
Birds soaring high in the skies
A cargo ship coming in, another one leaving
An old classic yacht sailing
A kite surfer, the waters all to himself...
The Golden Gate Bridge
Alcatraz, Fort Mason
The Pacific Ocean
Breathtaking view
My senses consumed
I am enjoying
One with Nature
Totally present
I am home, I really am...
Home.


copyright 2010 Socorro de Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment