Saturday, August 4, 2012

Why All About Olympics??

It's the sports fanatic in me, you know! I'm in the OLYMPICS' mode right now. From the time I wake up in the morning to the wee hours of the next day's morning, my TV is on unless I'm out. I've eventually stopped looking at the clock after midnight. I must concede, though, that I usually watch and listen to the results on the news prior to watching the NBC Primetime Coverage at night, (Great job, NBC!) especially for some sports like swimming, gymnastics, 'cause they're a little bit too exciting for me to watch live or even pre-recorded! You think I would be able to watch the Women's Gymnastics without knowing they had won the GOLD? Hell, no! And the Women's Swimming, as well as Men's, although I wasn't happy with Michael Phelps earlier in his events! He just didn't have the fire he had in Beijing! He had his whole being - body, mind, soul and spirit - set for 8 golds in Beijing! His goal was clear-cut. In London, his goal seems to have been just to win the most medals in OLYMPIC history. That's  much less than Beijing's, clearly, a huge difference right there! Had he set his goal for GOLD for every game here in London, not just for most medals, meaning, any medal, (There you go, so far, he got a gold, a silver, and in one qualifying round, he was 4th! Damn!) perhaps, he would have had the same fire, same passion, same intensity as in Beijing! He could have set his standard as high as in Beijing. That's tough, of course, but he could have done it. That said, he seems to have his old passion and fire back in his remaining games. He said that this is "absolutely, positively," his last Olympics! Let's hope this will be a grand finish for Michael. He can do it. Good luck, Michael!... I already know who won!

No comments:

Post a Comment