Saturday, March 3, 2012

I Can't Believe this, I Can't Believe This!!

I was looking for a carry-on bag to use for my trip to MNL tomorrow, (I mean later tonight, past midnight now), and guess what, I found my missing jewelry my mother gave me a long time ago - inside the carry-on bag I used last year on my trip to MNL!! Unbelievable! Exactly one year from my last trip! I can't believe it! And I thought I had thrashed it accidentally!

A year ago, when I first realized I was missing it, it didn't bother me at all as I hadn't finished unpacking yet so I knew it was just there. But the following day when I started to seriously look for it, that was when fear overcame me, "I must have thrown the box in the recycle bin about 2 weeks ago!"
I had a Nordstrom box similar to my jewelry box which I threw in the recycling bin. Actually, I had put my jewelry packet in a small Nordstrom box. And I had another small Nordstrom box which was empty which I trashed away. Suddenly, I felt goose bumps all over me - I threw away the box containing the jewelry by mistake. 

That's it!! I lost it!!

That was it! I knew it was gone forever... Guilty, sad, sentimental, I felt horrible! If the jewelry were mine, I couldn't care less. I could replace it anytime, if I wanted to. But it was my Mother's! And having just come back from Manila to visit her, then to lose her jewelry - that's irreplaceable, unforgivable!!

I couldn't believe I did what I did, as I'm the most careful human being on this planet earth! I'm so aware and focused... and I lost my mother's jewelry?? I tried to trace back the steps I did with it - literally intellectually analyzing and rationalizing!! I thought that if I had thrown the empty box before I kept my jewelry away, then when the time came to keep my jewelry, I would have discovered I was missing it. On the other hand, if I had thrown the empty box after I had kept my jewelry away, then, simply, I had kept my jewelry away. Period.

So where was it?? I remember having put it somewhere temporarily until I was ready to put it in a new jewelry box my Mother gave me, but where was it?!... Or did I plainly irresponsibly, mistakenly throw it after all?

As months went by, somehow, a part of me started to feel that the jewelry was still here somewhere! All of a sudden, I had hope. Then one day, Norman was looking for something and he found it where he least expected. It felt "ominous", not bad, but rather, a good sign! Suddenly, I felt I was "closing in" to my jewelry! And innocently, I was thinking how nice it would be if I could find my jewelry again just before my next trip to MNL.


Fast forward to tonight... 
YUP, I FOUND MY JEWELRY!! I FOUND IT!! - on the eve of my trip to MNL one year later!! I can't believe it!


LORD ALMIGHTY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment