Saturday, July 16, 2011

Birthdays and Other Occasions!

Papa's birthday! I was on blog till the wee hours of the morning, already my dad's birthday, and I forgot all about it till Norman reminded me today and Joel's - same birthday!

On another note, did I hear the news today that we're celebrating "Workaholic Day" for the first time?? And that it's should be celebrated like we do Father's Day, Mother's Day, Secretary's Day, etc.?? I always thought that being a workaholic meant overworking, thus, unhealthy, not good. But I heard comments today from some workaholics themselves that hit me enough to motivate me, to understand where they are coming from and, yes, to celebrate the day! For them, being workaholic help them reach their goals, fulfill their dreams, and that is good! However, I believe in rest and activity. Balance is the key to life. Discipline is what's important in anything we do - a gentle discipline, too! It's what inspires me!

To that, I will celebrate Workaholic Day! To the workaholics, stop whatever you're doing right now and simply celebrate! Take a break! It's the only one you've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment