Thursday, July 28, 2011

Any Given Day

Yesterday, I decided to open a new account, a memorial fund, at another bank in memory of my late brother, Jesse. July is his birthday and this year marks his 10th year death anniversary. Jesse was the family banker, and one day while visiting here, we passed by the bank and he asked if I had an account there. I didn't have any and he said I should open one.

I've been postponing it for years, waiting for the right time, right day, an extraordinary, significant, meaningful day, a very special occasion. Everything had to be PERFECT. Yeah, right!

Well, finally, I did it. And doing it made me realize that any day was the right day. No special occasion, just an ordinary-mundane-nothing perfect-nothing exciting-blah day. No horns blowing from the heavens. No announcements, no ads on billboards. Simply, I was ready.

Any given day is a new day, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment