Thursday, November 4, 2010

POST SCRIPT to PANDEMONIUM!!

Just can't get enough of the GIANTS and the victory parade! The truth is, I'm a sports fanatic!! And I've always been very impressed with women sportscasters. One of my dreams early on was to be a newscaster, especially sports, an extension of my interest with journalism. Yes, beneath this calmness is high energy and excitability!!

But my husband says I'll never make a good newscaster 'cause I get names all mixed-up which can get me into trouble, like, country singer, Carrie Underwear. Also, Comforter, that lovely black hip-hop dancer, Comfort, from SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. And how about the name of that Las Vegas act with white tigers, etc., - SIGFRIED & ROY? When one of the guys got bitten by a tiger, I told Norman the news re: "Sigmund & Freud"!

Well, that's okay! But as a musician, a pianist, at that, how can I forget a well-known brand of piano, Mason & Hamlin, and call it "Marvin & Hamlisch"?? And also, well-known local bass player, David Belove, and call him, "Dearly Beloved"?

"Stick to music," Norman says. But all these names, these newsmakers I talk about are all in the music/entertainment business. What's he talking about?

"Stick to your music," he says.

Oh, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment