Tuesday, May 18, 2010

BLESSED BE

God, I wished I had a laptop or an i-Pad so I could blog in real time! I'd love to be able to express myself at the moment I feel or experience or witness something like an incident, an event or anything worth writing about or I simply wanna write about.

Was on my way to work this afternoon when I saw a sticker, BLESSED BE, on a dilapidated bus, school bus, perhaps. The bus was so faded, the paint rusty, you couldn't read anything except that sticker at the back. I can't even remember if I saw it moving or stuck in the middle of the street because it was so old. It seemed like it just died. But there was something about the sticker that lit up the whole bus - BLESSED BE, the bus, must be, meaning, "As Is"! I thought that was great! Wish I had a camera, too! (I better delete some stuff on my cell phone so I can take more pictures especially now that I have a blog, 2 blogs.)

I'm not that tech savvy. I know there are ways to mail posts from mobile, etc., I have yet to learn them.

Gosh, all these websites, social networks, URLs, browsers, apps, what else, I can't catch up! When I write on one, I usually copy and paste to the others one at a time, very labor intensive.

Then an old friend, my classmate in college, Susan Ordona, a "socialmediaholic", she calls herself, and I got connected thru linkedin, (I like linkedin!), and one day, she, literally, patiently, walked me thru apps that can send anything I wanna share to all my sites in one snap! We were on the phone for hours, she, in southern CA, and me up here north! Thanks, Susan!

I'm still learning. One time, at an Apple Store, I asked an Apple tech to show me how to shorten posts to send to my links. I gave him a sample. He did it so fast I didn't see what he did. Before I knew it, he was finished. I didn't know that unless I choose which sites I wanna send to, by default it will go to all.

And man, that post, a funny one, too, went to my linkedin! And. I. didn't. like. it. at. all!! Linkedin is business for me. Luckily, it went to my music link, music, being more relaxed, more casual than my other one in science. I removed those apps from my linkedin now.

Anyway, I showed Norman the postits I wrote my story on today cause I didn't have a laptop. And he said, "Allright, I'll give you a notebook."
"A laptop?" and my eyes lit up.
And he said, "No, a pad you can write on."
"I-Pad?"

Right. Nowadays with all these high-tech devices, who needs paper and pen?...Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment