Sunday, January 31, 2010

Obama's Speech

I have no comment on Pres. Barack Obama's speech the other night. Honestly, I had no intention to analyze his speech or judge him. Obama is a brilliant speaker, we all know that from last year, from his campaign speeches, the primaries, his European tour, his victory speech on Election Day, to his Presidential Inauguration Address! He had all of us, the whole world, mesmerized by his voice! That's precisely why I wanted to hear his first ever, State of the Union Address, and see how he is now as President of the United States one year later, when all the excitement is gone and things have settled down. I wanted to listen to his voice again and see his impact, his effect, this season, (my post on OBAMAMANIA, ONE YEAR AGO...will explain all that). After you read it, you'll understand better when I say that if his popularity goes down, (even more?!), it can happen between March and June, this year, unless people are content with his performance. Between July-October, he'll be watched more closely.

I just don't understand why people judge him, are disappointed with him, etc., after only his first year as President?? The mess he inherited is horrendous!! What do they expect, a quick fix??

No comments:

Post a Comment