Friday, October 23, 2009

... About Wayne

Oh, my eye doctor, yes -
After carefully thinking what to say about him, the best way to describe him is to go back to when I was in grade school in our English class. Our teacher would give us about 5 words every class to look for the meaning and use in a sentence. Among so many words, one stood out and made a big impact on me for the rest of my life. The word is 'motto'. I remember asking my Mom what it meant and to use it in a sentence. She defined it, then used it in a sentence, "A Chinese motto runs this way - 'More talk, more mistake... Less talk, less mistake... No talk, no mistake.'"
This is one of the most inspiring, powerful words of wisdom my mother has instilled in me as a child.

And this defines Wayne. Every word that comes out from his mouth feels like it was carefully thought of, then spoken softly, genuinely, sincerely! And it just sounds natural. Where other doctors would tell you matter of factly what is right or wrong, he just has a sweet way of saying things, medical matters, good or bad, whatever it is, so that you don't get scared, you just feel good, and you know you're taken care of. So calm, so gentle! So reassuring that when he says, "Not to worry", you don't worry at all! BTW, he's Chinese too, so he must know the motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment